Top Ransomware Attacks of 2021
Top ransomware attacks of 2021. There has been ransomware attacks on CNA, Acer, Quanta Computer, Colonial pipeline, JBS foods in 2021.
As the use of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) continues to proliferate, the need for robust cybersecurity measures has become paramount.
In this blog, we will share 25 critical statistics that every SaaS solutions provider must be aware of to effectively protect their assets and customer data in 2023.
1. $101.5B in projected spending on service providers” by 2025. (McKinsey&Company)
2. 15% annual increase in costs related to cybercrime, will reach $10.5 trillion a year in 2025. (McKinsey&Company)
3. 85% of small and medium-sized enterprises intend to increase IT security spending until 2023. (McKinsey&Company)
4. 3.5 million cybersecurity positions are now open worldwide. (McKinsey&Company)
5. +21% forecast of compound annual growth for direct cyber insurance premiums until 2025. (McKinsey&Company)
6. The marketplace for web-hosting services is expected to generate $183.18 billion by 2026. (McKinsey&Company)
7. The Security-as-a-Service sector is estimated to grow to be worth nearly $23 billion by 2026. (Mordor Intelligence)
8. The leading cause of SaaS misconfigurations are reportedly due to a lack of visibility and access control. (Adaptive Shield)
9. The same survey from Adaptive Shield showed that 63% of respondents had a SaaS misconfiguration which led to a security incident in the last year. (Adaptive Shield)
10. 40% of respondents say they utilize SaaSOps products for “mission critical” or essential IT functions, reported in a BetterCloud survey. (Help Net Security)
11. According to Security Magazine, there are over 2,200 attacks each day which breaks down to nearly 1 cyberattack every 39 seconds. (Security. Magazine)
12. Nearly 95% of all digital breaches come from human error. (NMS Consulting)
13. 80% of attacks were conducted by external actors as opposed to internal employees. (Verizon)
14. 96% of attacks focused on monetary gain for all organizations but this drops to 71% for larger organizations.(Verizon)
15. 90% of development teams claim to be following DevSecOps practices. (Gartner)
16. 39% of developers feel fully responsible for security in their organization. (GitLab)
17. 79% of security teams report it’s challenging to consistently monitor for vulnerabilities. (State of Pentesting Report 2022)
18. By 2025, Gartner predicts 70% of organizations will use infrastructure automation tools within their DevOps processes. (Gartner)
19. LinkedIn phishing messages make up 47% of social media phishing attempts, mainly from fake direct messages. (Swiss Cyber Institute)
20. Only 63% of adult respondents to a Proofpoint survey knew what phishing was. (ProofPoint)
21. 90% of all data breaches are linked to phishing attacks suggesting a need for increased data security. (Cisco)
22. 98% of attacks use social engineering. (Hosting tribunal)
23. 50% of existing 0-day exploits from 2022 are variants of previously remediated vulnerabilities. (Google Project Zero)
24. In the first half of 2022, Apple discovered seven zero-day exploits in their technology. (Dark Reading)
25. LinkedIn phishing messages make up 47% of social media phishing attempts, mainly from fake direct messages. (Swiss Cyber Institute)
The world of cybersecurity is constantly evolving and it's essential for SaaS solutions providers to stay informed and up to date on the latest trends and statistics.
It's crucial to have a robust cybersecurity strategy in place to protect against potential threats and safeguard both your assets and customer data.